Housing Programs and Services
Responsible home ownership is good for Arizona families and our economic prosperity, and affordable lending is now making it possible for individuals and families to consider home buying. Participants interested in ARC’s Home Buying and Pre-Purchase services can expect the following benefits upon completion of our program:
- A greater understanding of the home purchase process
- A road map for improving a poor credit rating or maintaining a good one
- A better understanding of household budgets and how to afford home ownership at a wide range of incomes
- A choice of up to five mortgage lender programs to apply for that fit your specific needs
- Access to Down Payment Assistance programs that minimize up front and out of pocket costs to the home buyer
- A new opportunity to become a successful home owner, build wealth for your family and take part in the American Dream of Home Ownership!
ARC services are provided by experienced and certified HUD Housing Counselors who will use our interactive online Home Buyer Readiness Tool to create an individual plan to achieve home ownership including reviewing a variety of loan programs from various lenders.
Get started by contacting one of our offices to schedule an appointment for a free Counseling session OR for a Home Buyer face-to-face Education class.
Online Home buyer Education Courses are now available at: https://www.ehomeamerica.org/arc
Please call (520) 623-9383 in Tucson or (602) 374-2226 in Glendale/Phoenix.
ARC offers assistance to homeowners facing delinquent payments or foreclosure throughout the state. If you are in the process of, are at risk of losing your home to foreclosure, ARC’s Counselors are here to help. They will assess your current situation and understand your options which may include negotiating with your lender, applying for a loan modification, and provide guidance throughout the process of recovery.
ARC provides assistance to distressed homeowners through Education and Counseling:
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Forbearance Agreement
- Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Post Purchase
- Refinance or Modification (fees may apply)
- Federal and State-Sponsored Foreclosure Prevention Options:
- Save our Home Arizona (SOHAZ) – The Save Our Home AZ program, sponsored by the State of Arizona Department of Housing, was created to assist responsible homeowners to avoid foreclosure on their primary Arizona residence. Qualified homeowners may be eligible for assistance in the form of unemployment/underemployment mortgage payment assistance, second mortgage settlement or principal reduction. Mortgage assistance is for a term up to 12 months.
- Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP 2.0). This program ended December 2018.
If you’re ready to get started, the first step for mortgage assistance is to speak with our Housing staff. Please call (520) 623-9383 in Tucson or (602) 374-2226 in Glendale/Phoenix.
You will be required to complete the Intake Form & compile items from the List of Documents (Tucson Metro Area), or List of Documents (Phoenix Metro Area). All documents are needed to determine your eligibility for any specific program offering.
Note: Be cautious of scams. Do not sign your deed over to anyone or make a payment to anyone other than your mortgage servicer without seeking your servicer’s approval directly.
(HECM) REVERSE MORTGAGE COUNSELING
If you are contemplating living in your current home for several more years, you could consider a reverse mortgage. These types of loans are designed for homeowners aged 62 and older and are called “reverse” mortgages because the lender pays the homeowners. The money you receive from a reverse mortgage is tax-free and can be used for any purpose. Unlike conventional mortgages, you don’t need to make any monthly payments on a reverse mortgage for as long as at least one borrower continues to live in the home. However, you do need to keep paying taxes, insurance and the upkeep on the home. ARC provides Reverse Mortgage services by an experienced HUD-certified Counselor. If you wish to learn more about this program, please call (520) 623-9383 in Tucson or (602) 374-2226 in Glendale/Phoenix and a staff member will guide you to the next step.
ARC is certified by HUD as a Housing Counseling Agency and has adopted The National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education, Counseling and Foreclosure Intervention. Housing counselors are individually certified with Neighborworks Center for Homeownership Counseling and Education (NCHEC).